PAST LIFE DIARY 2 - Story 419 - The underground storage (Anna-Maria)

THE UNDERGROUND STORAGE (Anna-Maria)

I see a wooden door in a dark wall at the end of a corridor. I won't open the door, but I know that there's a storage room behind it with hay on the ground and a barred basement window. I have a ring with keys hanging from my belt. I turn away from the door, and play with the keys, making a jingling sound. I'm wearing a bright blue skirt, bright yellow socks, and wooden clumps. I take a seat on the long wooden bench which is standing along one of the long walls, and wait for someone. I soon hear a voice outside. "Anna" he says. I wait for a bit and don't reply. It's someone else I'm waiting for.

Q: Who is this? And who are you waiting for?

Anna-Maria: I'm waiting for Herman. This is another man. He's short to average height and has dark hair.

"Anna!" he calls again, angrily now. 'What?' I say. I get up and look for him through the opening in the ceiling. I've been waiting for the goods to arrive. We'll store them here, me being the one to arrange things from the inside. The guy outside jests that we could spend the night here (me and him, inside this place) and then tells me to get out cause it's not healthy to be in such a dark and narrow place. 'I'm staying here' I say, and cross my arms. I walk around aimlessly, then hum to myself in order to enjoy the hollow sound created by the acoustics of this place. I wish it could always sound like that when I hum. I hear galloping horses approaching. That must be them! The goods are stolen goods, so we must hide them quickly. They're explosives, stolen from the Germans. We took it and, if needed, will fight them with their own ammunition. They look like little red rolls. Given the era, I think they must be gun powder cartridges. Herman assures me they (the Germans) are not behind us. In fact, they have been taken away to be interrogated concerning the goods they were carrying into our land. Fair enough, right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of other souls

IN & OUT OF LIFE - Chronological list of lives

PAST LIFE DIARY 1 - Story 14 - The stripper (Maria)