PAST LIFE DIARY 2 - Story 416 - Gummy bears (Jeremy)

GUMMY BEARS (Jeremy)

I'm at Tracy's diner. She's wearing a simple, olive-green dress and a white apron. Her hair is not tied together and is standing up quite randomly. This lack of care about her appearance is unusual. She's obviously in not a very good mood. I'm waiting for Josh too, but he didn't show up yet. I drink my coffee and leave. I'm wearing a checkered winter jacket. It's quite chilly. It might be freezing or just about. The bus stops, and I get on, expecting to find Charles on the bus as planned. I'm surprised to find him sitting in the first seat behind the driver. I take a seat next to him. The glass between the driver and us is brown like sunglasses and gives me a sense of cozy privacy. Charles hands me one of two tickets. He bought mine in advance. It's just a tiny white paper which has, among other things, "New York" written on it. It's 1962, and I feel like I'm living in the future. We have everything nowadays! Charles is wearing a flashy green bomber jacket with a vertical metal zipper for the chest pocket. He pulls out a candy bar with nuts. I have a pack of gummy bears myself, but of course I can't eat all of them. Louise, though not around to reproach me, would not approve! I typically share the pack with my kids and let them argue about how many I'm supposed to have all at once. That, in and of itself, is a funny scene and a heated debate. Well, everything is a heated debate when Nellie and Molly are involved in the discussion. Charles and I have different tastes in candy, but James Cox is a weird one altogether! He likes nuts. To me, nuts are not candy cause they're not sweet. He is a fine man, that James - smart too. We're headed for the station to visit Truman out of town. It has something to do with surgery and his mother. He donated a kidney or something. Knowing Trudy, Charles predicts he's probably gonna be all dramatic about it. With him, everything is either wonderful or a terrible tragedy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of other souls

IN & OUT OF LIFE - Chronological list of lives

PAST LIFE DIARY 1 - Story 14 - The stripper (Maria)